1. General Provisions
This decree applies to border crossings for unofficial purposes.
In the application of this Ordinance, the following persons are treated in the same way as a Hungarian citizen:
- those who have the right to permanent residence in Hungary and their family members, if they confirm this right with a document, or
- those who have the right to stay for more than 90 days and this is confirmed by a document issued by the immigration authority / with a valid residence permit issued in Hungary and presented at the entrance to the country, this group also includes students with a D visa - for the purpose of study /.
2. These Rules do not apply
- for crossing the border for the purpose of freight traffic,
- for traveling abroad with an official passport
3. Rules for entry of Hungarian citizens to Hungary / - / - and those who have the right to stay for more than 90 days and this is confirmed by a document issued by the immigration authority, / with a valid residence permit issued in Hungary and presented at the entrance to the country, this group also includes students with a D visa - for the purpose of study /.
Hungarian citizen arriving from abroad,
- can enter the territory of Hungary without restrictions;
- upon entering the country, undergoes obligatory medical examination
- if a suspicion of infection is established during a medical examination, the epidemiological authorities prescribe a quarantine / treatment in a hospital /, the person is placed in an official home quarantine without presenting an epidemiological risk;
- in the case of establishing a suspicion of infection during a medical examination, then:
a) if the person has a place of stay or residence in Hungary, it is required to remain in official home quarantine for 14 days
b) if there is no place of stay or residence in Hungary, within 14 days of epidemiological risk, the person will be placed in quarantine appointed by the competent authority.
The epidemiological authority registers individuals in designated quarantine and official home quarantine.
Despite the above-mentioned parts of the regulation, epidemiological surveillance is not required if a Hungarian citizen, within 5 days before entering Hungary, with an interval of at least 48 hours, twice conducts a molecular biological test performed in accordance with professional health care rules - the SARS-CoV test -2b and confirms with a document in Hungarian or English that the corona virus SARS-CoV-2 was not detected in the body during the study.
A non-Hungarian citizen cannot enter the territory of Hungary with passenger traffic - except as provided by law or government decree (below the following)
In the cases specified in the regulations, permission to enter the territory of Hungary belongs to the local police authorities authorized for this territory, and entry into the country through the Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport is the responsibility of BRFK XVIII (Police of the 18th District of Budapest).
The District Police Office (hereinafter referred to as the Police Authority) can grant exemption upon request.
The police authority may allow entry if the applicant proves that the purpose of entry is as follows (if a medical examination establishes suspicion of infection, entry into Hungary is prohibited):
- participation in a procedural action related to a court or official proceedings in Hungary, confirmed by a document issued by a Hungarian court or authority,
- access to medical care with a referral from a medical institution or other relevant certificate,
- fulfilling the obligation to study or take exams based on the status of a student or pupil, if this is confirmed by a certificate issued by the educational institution,
- a trip made by a passenger in connection with a transport operation in order to arrive at the place of departure of the transport operation or return to the place of destination after such work, if this is confirmed by a certificate issued by his employer,
- participation in family events (wedding, baptism, funeral),
- caring for a relative in accordance with Act V of 2013 of the Civil Code,
- participation in a major church event of international importance; or
- for business purposes, if the client clearly proves the need for personal participation.
- a participant in a cultural event or an international sporting event held in Hungary, who has a letter of invitation issued by the official organizer of an event held in Hungary (can enter Hungary if, within 3 days before the sporting event or cultural event, certifies that SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus was not detected in the body during the test, with a document containing the results of molecular biology).