HARMONISED LIST OF THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE SHORT-TERM SCHENGEN VISA (C) APPLICATION WITH THE PURPOSE - VISIT.
1) Foreign passport
- The passport must be valid at least three months after the date of leaving Schengen area;
- The passport has to be issued during the last 10 years;
- The passport must have minimum 2 free pages;
2) Visa Application Form
- Visa Application Form has to be signed and filled correctly, without omissions, with precise indication of the period of stay. You may receive Visa Application form at the Consular Department of the Embassy of Hungary, or it can be downloaded from the following link
https://konzinfo.mfa.gov.hu/en/visa-application-forms - choosing the type “Application form for a stay shorter than 90 days” print the application at any of the suggested languages (preferably, in English), it is necessary to fill it only in English language (Name and Last Name must be filled as in foreign passport);
- 1 color photo (size 3,5x4,5) on the white background taken within the last 3 months. Photo must be glued to the application;
4) Travel insurance (medical):
- Travel insurance must be valid for the whole period of stay on the territory of all member states of Schengen area covering the costs on medical prescriptions and transfer to the homeland with a minimum sum of 30.000 EURO.
The Hungarian Consulate provides a corridor for a period of two weeks with single-entry visas in case of medical insurance for this period (the period of stay in the Schengen zone remain unchanged)
5) Following document is required for the short term Schengen visa with purpose of Visit:
The main form is the letter of invitation sent from the Migration Department of Hungary. This letter includes information about inviting party and invited party(ies), as well as information about residence place of inviting party.
In case of absence of the above mentioned invitation letter by the person with temporary residence in Hungary (student and etc.) to his/her place then following documents are required:
- invitation letter (in Hungarian or English) from the person (student or etc.) who has temporary residence in Hungary including: 1) information about inviting party and guests; 2) address, contact details, e-mail of inviting party; 3) planned period of stay of the guests. The signature of the inviting person should be either certified in the notary or by signatures of 2 witnesses (in this case, name, contact details, ID card number or official document number proving legal residence in Hungary (scanned copy of that document should be included in the rest of the documents) must be included in the invitation letter). Scanned copy of temporary or permanent residence card in Hungary and address card of the inviting party (if students – then student card as well) must be included in the documents;
It should be taken into account that the expiry date of the residence of the inviting person should not be earlier than the period of the planned stay of the invited person.
- Permission letter in Hungarian or Engilsh from the householder (owner) where his/her signature, address, contact numbers, e-mail and the planned dates must be included. The The signature of householder should be either certified in the notary or by signatures of 2 witnesses. Also, there must be name, contact details, ID card number or official document number proving legal residence in Hungary (scanned copy of that document should be included in the rest of the documents) next to signatures of householder and both witnesses; Property document from the householder issued within the last 1 month;
- Copy of agreement between householder and tenant.
- If the invited people are immediate relatives (parents, children, grandparents, grandchildren) then the visa fee will be free of charge in case of presenting relevant document proving their family ties (i.e. birth certificate and etc.) and copy of official document (i.e. residence permit card) proving legal residence in Hungary.
- If they plan to spend time together but will not live in the same place as the student or the person temporary residing in Hungary then it is necessary to include information about it in the invitation letter describing where the will stay together in Hungary (name of the city). This letter should be signed by the inviting person and two witnesses. Accordingly, invited people should present hotel reservation (applicant’s full name, duration of stay and hotel’s contacts should be included) from booking.com or another system should be presented (bookings from Airbnb.com are not recommended to present).
- In the case of sponsorship of parents, children and grandparents by inviting party– information about it must be included in the invitation letter and scanned copy of relevant proof of financial provision (e.g. work reference, bank statement of last 3-6 months) must be included.
- Invited people may apply for visa till the end of residence permit card of the invitee.
6) Copy of following documents are necessary:
1. foreign passport (page(s) with information and signature of passport holder); and copy of all Shengen visas recieved within the last 3 years, if exists;
2. ID card;
3. Travel insurance (according to the clause 4);
4. Booking of return flight ticket; (консульский отдел не требует предоставления купленного билета до принятия решения о выдаче визы;
5. When travelling with spouse, copy of marriage certificate, with the notary confirmed translation into English language (Please, note if the last name after official marriage registration has been changed then all the documents should be as in marriage certificate)
7) For the proof of financial provision, it’s recommended to present the following documents:
- For those who has a job - the original reference from the workplace, including reference number, salary, VOEN, the address and contact information of the employee (if not in english - with the notary confirmed translation into English language); and work reference with the indication of salary or reference about contract with the employer from e-government portal (www.e-gov.az), in Azerbaijani language; Both work references should be issued within last 1 month.
- For individual private businessmen – it is necessary to present the certificate about registration of the company (VÖEN) with the notary confirmed translation into English language and a reference from the Ministry of Tax of AR about the tax report for last 6 months (if not in english - with the notary confirmed translation into English language); Documents must confirm not only that there are no debts, but also show the amount of income.
-For individual private entrepreneurs – the statement from registry with the notary confirmed translation into English language.
- For pensioners – Reference from the State Social Protection Fund under the Labor and Population’s Protection Ministry of AR which underlines the amount of pension (if not in english - with the notary confirmed translation into English language);
- For students a reference letter from the place of study in English, or with the notary confirmed translation into English language: address and contacts of the institution, signature and stamp of the person in charge and reference to the Embassy should be noted in the letter. If it is impossible to present this kind of document due to national holidays or vacations then copy of student card should be presented (if not in english - with the notary confirmed translation into English language).
In a view of lack of income, for the student it`s necessary to present a sponsorship letter about coverage of all costs from one of his/her parents or grandparents with notary confirmed translation into English language. Additionally, copy of that person’s ID card, work and bank references (if not in english - with the notary confirmed translation into English language). Also, birth certificate of the student and other relevant documents proving family ties should be included to the documents (if not in English - with the notary confirmed translation into English language).
- For all categories, it is necessary - the bank reference (with the full information about current bank account issued within last 1 month) and its statement of last 3-6 months (if not in English - with the notary confirmed translation into English language);
All the copies has to be provided in A4 format
Documents sent from Hungary are accepted in scan (printed) version.
Consul may require additional documents, if necessary.
If the person is not the citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, there has to be submitted a legal document (i.e. residence permit), confirming legitimate staying on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan. The legal document has to be valid at least 3 months after the return from Schengen Zone.