You are required to submit all the documents scanned (including the visa application form) via e-mail 5 working days ahead of your visa appointment. Scanning your documents in advance will speed up the application process!
Scanned Document Guidelines:
- The scanned documents must match the required hard copies;
- The scanned documents must be in pdf format;
- All documents should be scanned one by one, in separate files (Application form and Appendix also separately!);
- The total size of all files combined should be no larger than 8 MB;
- Applicants must ensure that no parts or pages of the documents are missing and the images/text are clear/readable;
- The documents should be submitted to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the e-mail should be the date of the visa appointment and the name of the applicant (E.g.: 30.09.2020 - Üzeyir Hacıbəyli)
- Documents not received in time, unreadable or incomplete will be required to be rescanned and resent which may result in a delay in the application process;
You can apply for consular services by sending a message to the consulate's email address (email@example.com). When applying, you must write your details and passport number.
In all cases when submitting applications for a visa, it is the applicants’ responsibility to be aware of the actual conditions and restrictions on traveling to and transiting through Hungary as well as entering third countries.
Sanitary rules at the Consulate of Hungary for visiting clients:
- Only as many clients can be present in the reception area that allows maintaining the distance of at least 1.5 m between them;
- The use of hand sanitizer is mandatory upon entering the reception area;
- Clients can enter the reception area only wearing a mask;
- The Consulate is not responsible for providing the mask to the client. If the client does not have a mask, entry is prohibited, and it is necessary to request a new reception date;
- Before taking fingerprints, applicants should always sanitize their hands with the sanitizer provided by the Consulate;
- The surface of the fingerprint reader of the biometric device is disinfected by consular officers before each use;
LIST OF THE DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE LONGTERM SCHENGEN VISA (D) APPLICATION WITH THE PURPOSE - EDUCATION.
1) Foreign passport
- The passport must be valid at least three months after the date of leaving Schengen area;
- The passport has to be issued during the last 10 years;
- The passport must have minimum 2 free pages;
2) Visa Application Form
- Visa Application Form has to be signed and filled correctly, without omissions, with precise indication of the period of stay. Please, click on File 1 and File 2 to download the Visa Application form. For further information, you may also check the following website http://oif.gov.hu/index.php?lang=en.
- 2 color photos (size 3,5x4,5) on the white background taken within the last 6 months. 1 photo must be glued to the application and the other included in the documents;
4) Medical insurance:
- If the student’s medical insurance is covered by the university then it should be noted in the letter of invitation. Additionally, a 30 days travel insurance in the sum of no less 30.000 Euro which covers medical expenses (insurance should take effect starting from the date of entrance to the territory of all member states of Schengen area) must be included in the documents.
5) Following document is required for the longterm Schengen visa with purpose of Education:
- Letter of Acceptance from the University: the beginning date of classes, payment information (if it’s paid education) and others should be noted.
6) Following information is required about the place of stay in Hungary:
- If accomodation is provided by the university, then it is necessary to note it in the invitation letter;
- If the student rents a place then it’s necessary to present agreement with the owner and property document issued within the last 1 month.
7) Financial provision is confirmed by the following:
- For students a letter from the place of study (in english, or with the notary confirmed translation into English language): address and contacts of the institution, signature and stamp of the person in charge and reference to the Embassy should be noted in the letter. If it is impossible to present this kind of document due to national holidays or vacations then copy of student card should be presented (if not in English - with the notary confirmed translation into English language).
In a view of lack of income, for the student it`s necessary to present a sponsorship letter about coverage of all costs from one of his/her parents with notary confirmed translation into English language. Additionally, copy of that person’s ID card, work and bank references (if not in english - with the notary confirmed translation into English language). Also, birth certificate of the student should be included to the documents (if not in english - with the notary confirmed translation into English language).
- For those who have a job - the original reference from the workplace, including reference number, salary, VOEN, the address and contact information of the employee (if not in english - with the notary confirmed translation into English language), and work reference from e-government portal (www.e-gov.az) with the indication of salary;
- For individual private businessmen – it is necessary to present the certificate about registration of the company (VÖEN) with the notary confirmed translation into English language and official letter from the Ministry of Tax of AR about the tax report for last 6 months (if not in English - with the notary confirmed translation into English language);
- For individual private entrepreneurs – the statement from registry with the notary confirmed translation into English language
- For all categories necessary - the bank reference (with the full information about current bank account) and its statement of last 6 months (if not in English - with the notary confirmed translation into English language);
NOTE. For students under 18, it is necessary to present permission letter from both parents to travel and live abroad. The letter should be notary confirmed and translated into English.
If the student is recipient of “Stipendium Hungaricum” state scholarship, it is not necessary to present the documents noted in the 7th clause.
In this case, the visa is free of charge.
If the student receives the support of the Ministry of Education of the Republic of Azerbaijan then it is not necessary to present the documents noted in the 7th clause.
In this case, the visa fee is charged.
6) Copy of following documents are necessary:
1. Foreign passport (page(s) with information and signature of passport holder); and copy of all Schengen visas recieved within the last 3 years, if applicable;
2. ID card;
3. Medical insurance for Schengen visa (according to the clause 4);
4. Flight ticket;
5. When traveling with spouse, copy of marriage certificate, with the notary confirmed translation into English language
All the documents have to be provided in A4 format.
Documents sent from Hungary are accepted in scan (printed) version.
The Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary only accepts the documents and sends them to the National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing (Migration Department) of Hungary. Thus, the decision regarding the visa is made by the Migration Department of Hungary not the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary.
Application review process takes from 2 weeks to one month.
The National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing of Hungary may require additional documents.
If the person is not citizen of the Republic of Azerbaijan, a legal document confirming legitimate staying on the territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan (i.e. residence permit), has to be submitted. The legal document has to be valid at least 3 months.