In case of refusal, every applicant has right to appeal the decision. Below, please, find the detailed information about the appeal procedure:
- Applicants may appeal within 8 calendar days from the day of receipt of the official refusal document.
- Applicants should write in A4 paper a letter of appeal to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Hungary in Hungarian or any other language of the European Union explaining his/her situation and the reason of appeal. However, if the appeal is provided in other language than Hungarian or English then it is necessary to present official translation of it in Hungarian or English. An applicant should write the full name, date and sign the letter (in case of appeal of children, both parents should write their full name and sign).
- Applicant can during Consular opening hours come and present to the Consular Department the written appeal letter, official refusal document, passport and additional documents which applicant considers important for the appeal process (in case of children, if the letter of appeal is already signed by both parents then one of the parents may bring the necessary documents).
- After the receipt of necessary documents for appeal process, applicant will receive a payment check for appeal process which costs 160 EUR for each applicant (it applies to all applicants regardless of the fact if she/he paid or not when submitting documents for visa). The payment should be done on the same day. This fee cannot be reduced or eliminated.
- The documents will be sent to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Hungary and it takes 15 days. Once, the process finishes the MFA of Hungary informs the Consular Section about the results which in its turn immediately contacts the applicant to give the necessary information.
- Consul may interview the applicant at the time of appeal.