ENTRY RULES TO HUNGARY RELATED TO COVID-19
As of 07/03/2022, all COVID-19 related travel restrictions have been lifted in Hungary. Please note that official, up-to-date information about entry rules can be found on the relevant page of the Hungarian Police (https://www.police.hu/en). Specific questions may be directed to the Budapest Airport Police Directorate (email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; OR +36 1 290 3121; +361 292 9200). The Consular Section only provides general information!
When submitting applications for a visa, it is the applicants’ responsibility to be aware of the actual conditions and restrictions on traveling to and transiting through Hungary as well as entering third countries.
Azerbaijani citizens and persons with the right of permanent residence in Azerbaijan, need a valid visa for entering Hungary. About the visa application procedure and needed documents, please see the information available on our website.
SANITARY RULES AT THE CONSULATE OF HUNGARY FOR VISITING CLIENTS
- Only as many clients can be present in the reception area that allows maintaining the distance of at least 1.5 m between them;
- The use of hand sanitizer is mandatory upon entering the reception area;
- Clients can enter the reception area only wearing a mask. The Consulate is not responsible for providing a mask to the client. If the client does not have a mask, entry is prohibited and it is necessary to request a new reception date;
- Before taking fingerprints, applicants should always sanitize their hands with the sanitizer provided by the Consulate;
- The surface of the fingerprint reader of the biometric device is disinfected by consular officers before each use;
VISA PROCEDURE AT THE CONSULAR SECTION OF THE EMBASSY OF HUNGARY
I.) Application process
You may apply for a Schengen Visa (C) at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary in 2 cases:
1) If Hungary is the purpose of your visit (main destination in Schengen area);
2) If you plan to visit several countries along with Hungary, then Hungary must be the country of the first entry and the number of days in Hungary must be equal to the number of days in other countries.
To fix an appointment for a Schengen “C” visa application, please use our on-line booking system at https://konzinfobooking.mfa.gov.hu and come to the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary on the given date and time to apply for visa. Irrespective of age, every applicant must fix an appointment. 30 minutes are distributed for the application process of each applicant.
The Applicant should personally submit his/her documents at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary. Fingerprints of the applicant will be taken during submission of documents.
The Applicant should submit his/her documents at the Consular Section of the Embassy of Hungary in the following order:
1. application form
2. copy of ID (national identification card)
3. copy of Passport
4. school reference (if necessary)
5. marriage certificate, in English with notary approval (if necessary)
6. work reference
7. bank reference for the last 3-6 months
8. paid hotel booking
9. paid return ticket
10. copy of travel insurance
Applicants may submit documents maximum 6 months and minimum 15 (calendar) days before the planned flight date. The application review process takes minimum 10 (calendar) days. Application review process requires minimum 15 (calendar) days and longer for citizens of foreign countries living in Azerbaijan.
II.) Visa fee
Visa fee for applicants with Azerbaijani citizenship over 12 years old is 35 EURO. Visa fee is waived in the following cases: children under 12 years old, pensioners and other people who receive social benefits and present official reference about it from the State Social Protection Fund under the Ministry of Labor and the Population’s Protection of AR (if not in English - with notary confirmed translation into English language).
Visa fee is also NOT required in the following cases:
- In case of invitation of parents by their children or children by their parents who have permanent or temporary residence in Hungary (see detailed information on the 7th clause of “The list of documents required for the short-term Schengen visa (C) application with the purpose – Visit);
- In case of support letter from relevant Sports Federations of Hungary and Azerbaijan;
- In case of invitation from international intergovernmental organizations, certain state structures of Hungary, as well as conferences or trainings supported by the Council of Europe and the European Union.
Visa fee is 80 EURO for citizens of countries which do NOT have a visa facilitation agreement with the European Union.
After submission of the documents, the applicant will receive a cheque for payment of visa fee. The visa fee payment can be done ONLY at the Head Office of Azerbaijan International Bank located at Nizami str. 67. The applicant must present payment receipt to the Consular Section on the same day.
III.) Appeal procedure in case of refusal:
In case of refusal, every applicant has the right to appeal the decision. You can find the detailed information under Procedure of Appeal in the consular information of our website.