Entry rules to Hungary
1. General Provisions
This decree applies to border crossing for unofficial purposes.
In applying this Decree, the following persons are treated as Hungarian citizens:
- those foreigners and their family members who have the right of permanent residence in Hungary in case they confirm this right with an official document, or
- those who have the right to stay more than 90 days in Hungary and this is confirmed by an official document issued by the immigration authority (with a valid residence permit issued in Hungary and presented at the border of the country. This group also includes students holding visa D with study purpose).
2. These Rules do not apply to:
- crossing the border in freight traffic,
- trips abroad with an official passport,
- persons who, upon entering Hungary, reliably prove that they have already been recovered from COVID-19 within 6 months prior to submission of their applications.
In accordance with these rules, crossing the border with a personal passport and other travel documents for the purpose of an official visit is allowed.
3. Rules for entry for Hungarian citizens and those who have the right to stay more than 90 days in Hungary and this is confirmed by a document issued by the immigration authority (with a valid residence permit issued in Hungary and presented at the border of the country. This group also includes students holding visa D with study purpose) to Hungary.
Hungarian and foreign citizens (see above) arriving from abroad:
a) if the person has a place of residence or stays in the country, must remain in a mandatory home quarantine for 14 days,
b) if there is no place of residence or stay in Hungary, the person will be placed in epidemiological quarantine appointed by the competent authority for 14 days.
The epidemiological authority registers persons placed to quarantine and official home quarantine.
From the mandatory quarantine citizen could be released, if the citizen passes the molecular biological test twice, with an interval of at least 48 hours in Hungary (no foreign tests are accepted). The costs of the molecular tests will be covered by the citizens. The epidemiological authority upon request allows the citizens to leave the place of residence or stay only for the passing of the tests.
You are required to submit all the documents scanned (including the visa application form) via e-mail 5 working days ahead of your visa appointment. Scanning your documents in advance will speed up the application process!
Scanned Document Guidelines:
- The scanned documents must match the required hard copies;
- The scanned documents must be in pdf format;
- All documents should be scanned in maximum 3 separate files, (File1: application form + ID/passport copies; File2: insurance and accomodation certificate; File3: rest of the supporting documents);
- The total size of all files combined should be no larger than 8 MB;
- Applicants must ensure that no parts or pages of the documents are missing and the images/text are clear/readable;
- The documents should be submitted to the e-mail address email@example.com
- The subject of the e-mail should be the date of the visa appointment and the name of the applicant (E.g.: 30.09.2020 - Üzeyir Hacıbəyli)
- Documents not received in time, unreadable or incomplete will be required to be rescanned and resent which may result in a delay in the application process;
You can apply for consular services by sending a message to the consulate's email address (firstname.lastname@example.org). When applying, you must write your details and passport number.
In all cases when submitting applications for a visa, it is the applicants’ responsibility to be aware of the actual conditions and restrictions on traveling to and transiting through Hungary as well as entering third countries.
Sanitary rules at the Consulate of Hungary for visiting clients:
- Only as many clients can be present in the reception area that allows maintaining the distance of at least 1.5 m between them;
- The use of hand sanitizer is mandatory upon entering the reception area;
- Clients can enter the reception area only wearing a mask;
- The Consulate is not responsible for providing the mask to the client. If the client does not have a mask, entry is prohibited, and it is necessary to request a new reception date;
- Before taking fingerprints, applicants should always sanitize their hands with the sanitizer provided by the Consulate;
- The surface of the fingerprint reader of the biometric device is disinfected by consular officers before each use;
VISA PROCEDURE AT CONSULAR DEPARTMENT
OF THE EMBASSY OF HUNGARY
1) You should make an appointment at email@example.com and come to the Consular Department of the Embassy of Hungary on the given date and time to apply for visa. Irrespective of the age every applicant must take an appointment. 15 minutes is distributed for application process of each applicant.
2) Applicant should personally submit his/her documents at the Consular Department of the Embassy of Hungary. Fingerprints of the applicant will be taken during submission of documents;
3) Applicant should submit his/her documents at the Consular Department of the Embassy of Hungary in the following order:
1. application form
2. copy of ID (national identification card)
3. copy of Passport
4. school reference (if necessary)
5. marriage certificate, in English with notary approval (if necessary)
6. work reference
7. bank reference
8. signed and sealed document from hotel
9. copy of ticket
10. travel insurance
4) Application review process:
Visa procedure may take from a month till three months for students or other applicants applying for D type visa (applicants applying for longterm visa – more than 3 month).
5) Visa fee:
Visa fee for D type visa applicants (applicants applying for longterm visa – more than 3 month) is 60EURO.
Visa fee for “D” type visa for all applicants and in all cases is 60 EURO. BUT, there is an exception for the students who recieve “Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship” state scholarship – the visa fee is NOT required from those students.
After sumbission of documents, the applicant will receive a cheque for payment of visa fee. The visa fee payment is done ONLY at the Head of Office of Azerbaijan International Bank located at Nizami str. 67. The applicant must present payment receipt to the Consular Department on the same day.
Please, find information about visa procedure and list of documents here: